By Rakesh Srivastava
Apoptosis, mobile Signaling, and Human ailments: Molecular Mechanisms, Volumes 1 and a couple of, current a concise synthesis of modern advancements within the realizing of either cellphone survival and apoptotic pathways. specific cognizance is given to apoptosis in human illnesses, corresponding to diversified varieties of melanoma. those entire volumes combine the main cutting edge and present findings. The members are on the leading edge of clinical discovery.
Read Online or Download Apoptosis, Cell Signaling, and Human Diseases: Molecular Mechanisms, Volume 2 PDF
Best viral books
Utilizing as a subject matter the come upon among protozoan parasites and macrophages, this quantity brings jointly telephone biologists, immunologists and protozoologists to check present advancements during this vast and dynamic learn quarter. mentioned are methods protozoans determine their intracellular area of interest, how they turn on macrophage effector features, what those features are, and capability during which a number of protozoans subvert macrophage task.
It truly is now 17 years because the junior author's e-book Parasitic protozoa was once first released, and thirteen years because it bought restricted revision. The research of symbiotic protozoa has in the meantime improved, and masses of the content material of the sooner booklet has been outdated if now not displaced through fresh wisdom. We think that there's nonetheless a spot for an introductory textbook, conventionally prepared on a taxonomic body paintings, in this so much interesting crew of organisms.
The earlier 12 months has been one among viral panic—panic approximately viruses, that's. via headlines, public health and wellbeing warnings, and no less than one selfmade hazmat go well with, we have been reminded of the robust strength of viruses. they're the smallest dwelling issues identified to technology, but they could carry the complete planet of their sway.
- Feminizing Venereal Disease: The Body of the Prostitute in Nineteenth-century Medical Discourse
- Virus as populations : composition, complexity, dynamics, and biological implications
- SARS: How a Global Epidemic Was Stopped
- Bacterial Population Genetics in Infectious Disease
Extra info for Apoptosis, Cell Signaling, and Human Diseases: Molecular Mechanisms, Volume 2
113. Halgren RG, Traynor AE, Pillay S, et al. 8Cl-cAMP cytotoxicity in both steroid sensitive and insensitive multiple myeloma cell lines is mediated by 8Cl-adenosine. Blood 1998; 92:2893–2898. 114. Tagliaferri P, Katsaros D, Clair T, et al. Synergistic inhibition of growth of breast and colon human cancer cell lines by site-selective cyclic AMP analogues. Cancer Res 1988;48: 1642–1650. 115. Koontz JW, Wicks WD. Cytotoxic effects of two novel 8-substituted cyclic nucleotide derivaties in cultured rat hepatoma cells.
149. Tortora G, Ciardiello F. Targeting of epidermal growth factor receptor and protein kinase A: molecular basis and therapeutic applications. Ann Oncol 2000;11:777–783. 150. Yang WL, Iacono L, Tang WM, Chin KV. Novel function of the regulatory subunit of protein kinase A: regulation of cytochrome c oxidase activity and cytochrome c release. Biochemistry 1998;37:14,175–14,180 151. Srivastava RK, Srivastava AR, Park YG, Agrawal S, Cho-Chung YS. Antisense depletion of RIalpha subunit of protein kinase A induces apoptosis and growth arrest in human breast cancer cells.
Thus, the diversity and complexity of the cAMP signaling are highly dependent on different stages of normal cellular development and differentiation, and such signaling is disrupted in an abnormal physiology such as cancer. We believe that the large amount 01_Cho_Chung 12/4/06 1:43 PM Page 21 Protein Kinase A in Human Cancer 21 of experimental evidence now accumulated strongly supports the idea that PKA is a valuable target for cancer treatment and diagnosis. References 1. Sutherland EW, Rall TW.