By W Jason Gilmore
- Written for the budding internet developer looking for a strong, inexpensive answer for construction versatile, dynamic websites.
- Essentially 3 books in a single: presents thorough introductions to the personal home page language and the MySQL database, and indicates you the way those applied sciences could be successfully built-in to construct strong web content.
- Provides over 500 code examples, together with real-world initiatives comparable to developing an auto-login characteristic, sending HTML-formatted email, checking out password guessability, and importing records through an internet interface.
- Updated for MySQL five, contains new chapters introducing triggers, kept methods, and perspectives.
Read Online or Download Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional PDF
• Key talents & techniques: Chapter-opening lists of particular abilities coated within the chapter
• Ask the professional: Q & A sections packed with bonus details and valuable tips
• do this: Hands-on workouts that assist you to practice your skills
• Notes: additional info concerning the subject being covered
• suggestions: precious reminders or exchange methods of doing things
• Self-Tests: End-of-chapter stories to check your knowledge
• Annotated syntax: instance code with statement that describes the programming suggestions being illustrated
• Code downloads supplied for initiatives within the e-book
It is not simply one other booklet on Ajax. it really is "Pragmatic Ajax": a concise, whole examine a brand new manner of envisioning and enforcing browser-based functions. Ajax turns static web content into interactive purposes. you can now install rich-client functions to consumers with no sacrificing the straightforward deployment of internet purposes.
Over eighty hands-on recipes for streamlining improvement, administration, and deployment with Grunt approximately This BookDescribes the best way to enforce automation recommendations for universal internet software improvement tasksExplores configuration adaptations which are on hand to the plugins utilized in each one recipeA sensible advisor with transparent and concise directions to construct whole internet functions simply utilizing Grunt.
- Pro JSP
- Amazon.com Mashups
- Ext JS 4 Plugin and Extension Development
Additional info for Beginning PHP and MySQL 5: From Novice to Professional
Htaccess. • php_admin_flag: Sets the value of the specified directive. htaccess. Within the Executing Script The third, and most localized, means for manipulating PHP’s configuration variables is via the ini_set() function. For example, suppose you want to modify PHP’s maximum execution time for a given script. Just embed the following command into the top of the script: ini_set("max_execution_time","60"); 21 22 CHAPTER 2 ■ INSTALLING AND CONFIGURING APACHE AND PHP Configuration Directive Scope Can configuration directives be modified anywhere?
According to E-Soft, Inc. com/), PHP is by far the most popular Apache module, available on almost 54 percent of all Apache installations. So far, this chapter has discussed only version-specific features of the language. Each version shares a common set of characteristics that play a very important role in attracting and retaining a large user base. In the next section, you’ll learn about these foundational features. General Language Features Every user has his or her own specific reason for using PHP to implement a mission-critical application, although one could argue that such motives tend to fall into four key categories: practicality, power, possibility, and price.
The more commonplace issues are discussed in this section: • Changes made to Apache’s configuration file do not take effect until it has been restarted. Therefore, be sure to restart Apache after adding the necessary PHP-specific lines to the file. • When you modify the Apache configuration file, you may accidentally introduce an invalid character, causing Apache to fail upon an attempt to restart. If Apache will not start, go back and review your changes. conf file. html file. • Make sure that you’ve delimited the PHP code within the file.